We are a multi-disciplinary service agency specialising in design and delivery of creative participation.
We are everyday people with extraordinary skills and knowledge giving you wonderful experiences.
Our work takes us deep within natural spaces and broadly throughout local communities.
Why we are called Social Nature Movement
Being with others while outdoors doing exercise forms much of life and makes living far better.
Without places, there are no people. Without people, there are no practices.
When those three parts collectively express one idea it means in Greek "Hendiatris" (one through three). We liken that to the Latin phrase "omne trium perfectum" (everything that comes in threes is perfect) emphasising what we do; engaging more societies with more nature and more movement. Everyone will appreciate why in modern times health is becoming the new wealth!
The meaning behind Social, Nature and Movement
Little is about what one now does when everyone is doing it. Because there is so much marketing and advertising telling you why something is so good, people have become doubtful and know how good something is not.
So, we founded ourselves with whom we do it and how; the true meanings of unique. We are also synonymous with a social movement; specifically a movement improving human-nature relationships through place-based education.
It’s not all about the bottom-line; we give back, generously.
- We incentivise and pay our staff to walk, run, cycle, kayak etc. to and from work.
- Portions of our profits go toward helping disadvantaged and disabled people enjoy their world and our services.
- We organise staff lunch meetings, supporting local businesses.
- Whenever we seldom use motorised transport, we consciously offset our environmental footprint through EKOS.
- We actively sustain and improve our places of work through restoration projects, leaving positive traces on this world.
Our slogan – ‘we truly do’ – considers people sharing, discovering and moving through 100% nature-based programmes and natural human-powered movement. It is a statement and direct correlation to Social (we), Nature (truth) and Movement (doing). We combine main spaces of home, school and work in our purpose to helping people live better lives, with nature, through movement. Moving away from traditional activities, we move towards hard-to-find experiences toward educational journeys through discovery. We recognise the enormous value of nature and human synergy where we deliver services that are always developing your skills, knowledge and experiences.
Share with us.
Explore with us.
Move with us.
How do you define "nature?"
Everything we do exists within three fundamental physiological competencies:
Non-locomotion / balance (bodily movements),
Locomotion (moving ones position),
Manipulation (of objects).
Why people attend Social, Nature and Movement experiences
The answer is simple: as long as they do!
- Our participants find they have greater opportunities,
- People return to us and our services for nostalgia; re-visiting and re-creating places and practices in nature,
- People want to tick us off as ‘the done thing’ because we are known for inspiring journeys and memorable experiences.
Taking care of your pain-points
- less costs; saving you money by not having vehicle fleets and office spaces,
- less harmful; protecting you through superior risk and hazard management methodologies,
- less logistical; relaxing you by taking care of the details and planning,
- less travel; helping you by starting and finishing close to school, home and work,
- less technical; including you by excluding technical equipment and experts,
- less elitist; giving you diversity in abilities while being more versatile,
- less token; understanding you and moving beyond activities to experiences,
- less cancellations; committing to you 100% with client-focused contracts.
Beyond prices to unique advantages
People place higher values on our services and receive the highest quality.
- more stunning locations and local knowledge; see clearer and understand better,
- more Instagram-worthy photos with our professional photographers and social media gurus; get recognized,
- more transition and education teams; helping new participants better able to use services,
- more staff assigned to handle your accounts personally; do less waiting and get more answers,
- more customizable services with flexibility; do what you want, when you want and how you want,
- more added benefits; your loyalty and dedication is rewarded,
- more innovative ideas, first to the market; get to truly experience the result of creative minds,
- more feelings of friendship and family; be warmly welcomed and leave with a sense of coming back,
- more cultural experiences; get true New Zealand insights.
Positively impacting participants
- better preparation and empowerment to achieve your personal best,
- better responsibility for your goals and choices,
- better life skills and risk assessment,
- better career opportunities, resumes and CV’s,
- better commitment, achievement and dedication,
- better connection and active engagement in your community,
- better perseverance and overcoming barriers to success.
Proud supporters of the Tiaki Promise
Incorporating Core Māori Values
Kaitiakitanga: managing and conserving environments as part of a reciprocal relationship
Manaakitanga: the ethic of holistic hospitality and inherited obligations to be the best hosts
Wairuatanga: the immutable spiritual connection between people and their environments
Kotahitanga: unity, cohesion and collaboration
Whanaungatanga: relationships through shared experiences providing people with a sense of belonging
Mātauranga: Māori / mana whenua knowledge and understanding
The natural environment is protected, restored and enhanced
Re-establishment of local biodiversity
Creating and connecting ecological corridors
Planting of appropriate indigenous flora and strategies to encourage native planting
Establishment and management of traditional food and cultural resource areas allowing for active kaitiakitanga
Environmental health is protected, maintained and enhanced
Restoration and planting of waterways
Contaminated areas of soil are remediated
Iwi/hapū narratives are captured and expressed creatively and appropriately
Consult Mana whenua to translate iwi/hapū cultural narratives into the service
Shared landscapes are created to reflect local identity and contribute to sense of place
Mana whenua significant sites and cultural landmarks are acknowledged
Allows visual connection to significant sites
Wider cultural landmarks and associated narratives able to inform spatial orientation
Our brief resume
Externally audited by:
- Adventure Mark New Zealand.
Approved operator through:
- Department of Conservation,
- Worksafe New Zealand,
Official providers of:
- The Duke of Edinburgh (DoE) Adventurous Journey Hillary Award,
- Kathmandu Coast to Coast Grade 2 certificate.
- Tourism New Zealand Operator Database,
- Proguides New Zealand,
- New Zealand Register of Recreation Professionals (NZRRP),
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
- Auckland business chamber,
- Tourism Industry Aoteaora (TIA),
- Recreation Aotearoa,
- Climbing New Zealand (Auckland Sport Climbing Club),
- New Zealand Alpine Club (NZAC),
- White Water New Zealand,
- New Zealand Stand up Paddle (SuP) boarding,
- Surfing New Zealand Approved Surf School,
- New Zealand Speleological Society / NZSS (Auckland Speleological Group / ASG),
- Federated Mountain Clubs (FMC) of New Zealand,
- Education Outdoors New Zealand (EONZ),
- Kiwi Association of Sea Kayakers (KASK),
- Canoe Slalom New Zealand,
- New Zealand Association for Environmental Education (NZAEE).
- New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association (NZOIA),
- Rescue 3 International,
- Leave No Trace (LNT),
- Child Matters,
- Effective Speaking New Zealand,
- Project Adventure New Zealand,
- Peak Safety,
- Mountain Safety Council (MSC),
- Nature Space,
- Support Adventure,
- Walking Access Aotearoa,
- Ministry of Education,
- Physical Education NZ,
- Water Safety NZ,
- Maritime NZ,
- Sport NZ,
- Skills Active NZ.